2 Day Introductory PODD Workshop (Adl)
March 29 @ 9:00 am - March 30 @ 4:30 pm$555.50 – $610.50
ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP:
- Presented by South Australia’s only certified PODD presenter, this workshop will provide in-depth insight into PODD communication systems and provide a clear understanding of implementing and using PODD for successful and powerful communication.
- The Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD) approach provides strategies to support the design, production and implementation of communication systems to enable genuine communication for a variety of functions in all daily environments.
- Creative and practical solutions will be demonstrated through videos and case examples. Participants will have the opportunity for hands on supported practice using PODD communication books.
- Describe the challenges faced when creating communication systems in terms of vocabulary organisation, layout, design, range of access strategies and customising for individual requirements.
- Discuss the features of a PODD communication system in terms of vocabulary organisation, layout, design, range of access strategies and customising for individual requirements.
- Discuss the teaching and learning strategies for implementing PODD communication systems with individuals and team members.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR:
- Speech pathologists, OT’s, physios and other Allied Health professionals working with children and adults who have complex communication needs
- Teachers and support staff in mainstream and special settings who have pupils using PODD in their class
- Parents who would like a more in depth understanding of their child’s PODD communication system