3-day Intermediate Workshop for PBS Practitioners (SA)
February 5 @ 9:30 am - February 7 @ 4:30 pm$670.99 – $786.49
Presented by by Dr. Alinka Fisher & Dr. Glenn Kelly
This event is to be held in Adelaide, South Australia.
It is pitched at PBS practitioners, team leaders, and allied health practitioners.
For successful PBS to occur, senior practitioners need the skills to conduct a comprehensive functional behaviour assessment and develop data-based PBS plans with the primary goal of improving the quality of life of individuals who present with behaviours of concern.
This training is focussed on people working in disability, and is relevant to many disability types such as autism (ASD), intellectual disability (ID), and acquired brain injury (ABI).
The presenters have extensive clinical experience working in both educational and community settings
- Functional behaviour assessment
- Functional analysis
- Environmental strategies
- Systematic instruction
- Responsive strategies
- Maintenance and generalisation
- Crisis management and restrictive practices
- Evaluating interventions
- Writing PBS plans
- PBS as a collaborative approach
- Restrictive practices
Key learning objectives
1. Understand the objectives of PBS as a treatment/service approach
2. Understand the key assessment approaches
3. Understand how formulation and treatment/intervention approaches are conducted.