- This event has passed.
4th Bi-annual DEAI Outstanding Achievers Awards 2017
November 2, 2017 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pmFree
The DEAI Outstanding Achievers Awards are a celebration of achievements by Developmental Educators and Developmental Education students, and achievements in the disability sector in general.
There were 6 award categories:
- Dot Mills Developmental Educator of the Year Award – Award recipient: Maryam Salieb, Feros Care.
- Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education Student of the Year Award – Award recipient: Mary Ogle, Flinders University.
- Community Achievement Award – Award recipient: Laura Hester, Special Olympic SA.
- Support Worker of the Year Award (frontline services) – Award recipient: Kym Brakmanis, Disability SA.
- Innovative Service Development Award (Best Program Development by a Developmental Educator) – Award recipient: Verity Roennfeldt, Dept of Communities, Child Protection & Family Support – WA.
- Innovative Service Development Award (Best Individual Outcome by a Developmental Educator) – Award recipient: Tabitha Baschiera, Cara.
Visit our Facebook page to view the photos and read about who was nominated as well as the Award Recipient in each of the Award categories.
You can also view a selection of the photos during the night HERE.