- This event has passed.
Beyond IQ Scores: Clinical Value of Behavioural Observations during Cognitive and Developmental Assessments (Mel)
May 23$396 – $440
Your questions answered (and more):
• What’s the fastest way of gaining and maintaining rapport with a child or adolescent with autism or another developmental disability?
• How do I modify assessments to enable clients to participate, and how do I write about these modifications in the report?
• Is there such a thing as a child who’s “untestable”, or do they need a different type of assessment?
• What behaviours should I look out for in a cognitive or developmental assessment? (Workshop notes include Autism Understanding’s Cognitive Assessment Observation Checklist and many other resources)
• Could these behaviours be signs of autism? What other hypotheses should I consider?
• How do behaviours in an assessment relate to behaviours in the classroom, playground and at home?
• What should I recommend, including strategies and further assessments?
• Do you have sample reports that I can draw on when writing my own reports?
This course is designed for psychologists, but has also been helpful for occupational therapists, speech pathologists and special education teachers who conduct individual assessments with children and adolescents.
For more info click HERE.