- This event has passed.
Person Centred Active Support Workshop
September 18, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$80 – $160
Presented by Ruth Firstbrook, Director at Firstbrook Training and Advisory Service, and Developmental Educator.
Organised by the DEAI and asid (SA Chapter), this 1 day Workshop will focus on how Developmental Educators and other allied health professionals can utilise the principles of Person Centred Active Support in their daily practice of providing support to disability support workers and families, to advance the skills and engagement of individuals with disability.
This will be an opportunity for some Developmental Educators to refresh their skills in Person Centred Active Support, and for those just starting out, to learn some practical skills to enhance their practice.
- Understanding person-centred active support as an evidence based approach to support and why it is important
- Understanding of the 4 essentials of person-centred active support
- Understanding of the importance of engagement and how effective engagement leads to improvements in quality of life
- Understand the skills necessary to effectively use person-centred active support with the people you support, a starting point
- Understand how to work as an effective team member, embedding person-centred active support within your work teams
Morning and afternoon tea provided. Local lunch options, fridge/microwave available.
Street parking available but travel by Tram is recommended.
Skype option available for regional and interstate members.
Limited places so hurry with your booking (see Sticky Tickets link below).