Tony Attwood – Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder
August 30 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm$195
A different way of thinking, learning and managing emotions.
Content will include:
• Cognitive Abilities: A different way of thinking and learning
• Managing Challenging Behaviour
• Managing Feelings: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and its role in providing greater strategies to manage emotions and behaviour
• The Emotional Tool Box, what it is and how to use
• Strategies to Improve Social Understanding and Friendship Skills
• Special Interests: Origins and constructive strategies
• Girls with Asperger’s Syndrome
• Sensory Sensitivity
Tony Attwood is well known for sharing his extensive knowledge of Asperger Syndrome. He has a private practice in Brisbane and is
an adjunct Professor at Griffith University in Queensland. Tony has written many papers and two best selling books on Asperger Syndrome. He also spends a large amount of time travelling nationally and internationally to present workshops and papers. His presentations are informative and empowering. “From my clinical experience I consider that children and adults with Asperger
Syndrome have a different, not defective, way of thinking,” Tony Attwood.