National Developmental Educators’ Week
19-23 November 2018
The DEAI is excited to launch the 2nd National Developmental Educators’ Week at the Annual General Meeting on 19th November.
Our theme this year is: CELEBRATE OUR DIVERSITY.
As Developmental Educators we aim to empower people with disabilities to achieve social inclusion within the community, and to maximise their quality of life through the promotion of life skills development. We apply our diverse expertise and our multi-disciplinary skills in order to achieve this.
We invite you to join with the DEAI, fellow Developmental Educators, disability studies students, work colleagues, and other interested parties to celebrate your profession.
To help you celebrate we have:
- A Flyer to assist your with promotion
- A Promotional Pack which you can order for free (order time has been extended)
- A Tip Sheet with ideas for you to celebrate
- A Visual Poster that depicts the diverse expertise of Developmental Educators (A4 and A3)
- A Developmental Educator Profile that details the diverse skills of DE’s
Share photos and/or stories of how you celebrated National DE Week and post on Facebook using #NationalDEWeek2018.
Tag your organisation or share on their Facebook page too.
Everyone is welcome to participate.
DE Word Art by Sue Goodall
Thank you for your support for National Developmental Educators’ Week