The DEAI is proud to be holding its 5th Bi-Annual DEAI Outstanding Achievers Awards 2019, which hold great significance for Developmental Educators. The Awards aim to recognise the skills, expertise and contributions of Developmental Educators to people with disability and their families, as well as to celebrate achievements in the field of disability.
Thursday 7th November 2019, 7.30pm
West Adelaide Football Club
57 Milner Road, Richmond
Matthew and Cheryl Turnbull, ‘Achieving What Seemed Impossible’ (Up the Hill Project, Flinders Uni)
Dr Michelle Bellon, Flinders University
We are now calling for nominations so please, consider nominating someone you feel has made a worthy contribution to the field or their community, which meets the criteria as set out in the DEAI Outstanding Achievers Awards Categories. You may also make a self-nomination.
There are 6 Award Categories:
- Dot Mills Developmental Educator of the Year Award
- Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education Student of the Year Award
- Community Achievement Award
- Support Worker of the Year Award (frontline services)
- Innovative Service Development Award (Best Program Development by a Developmental Educator)
- Innovative Service Development Award (Best Individual Outcome by a Developmental Educator)
Before completing and submitting the Nomination Form, please read the categories and selection criteria information provided below. This will ensure that you have selected the correct category for your Nominee/s. The DEAI Committee, in conjunction with representatives of the Award Sponsors, will determine the recipients of each Award from the list of nominees, based on a consensus vote and discussion of the merits of each Nomination.
All persons nominated will be notified and their attendance will be requested at the Awards night. If a nominee accepts their nomination but cannot attend on the night, their Award may be collected in absentia by a representative of their choice. Decisions made by the selection panel will be final and no dispute will be entered into.
To inspire you, you can view a short photo presentation of the 2017 DEAI Awards
NOMINATION FORM AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- Obtain consent from the person you are planning to nominate, to give the DEAI Awards Selection Panel their name and personal information.
- Using the Awards Submission Form below, tell us what category you are nominating a person for (you may submit multiple nominations, but only nominate a person once).
- Using the Awards Submission Form below, tell us why you think the person you are nominating deserves this Award, addressing the category criteria (200 words or less).
- Submissions close COB 18th October 2019.
To attend the Awards, please register via our website HERE.
Please share widely within your networks.
We gratefully acknowledge the support from our sponsors: