- Ensure you have permission from the nominee. This includes permission to give the DEAI Awards Selection Panel their name and personal information.
- Using this form, tell us what category you are nominating a person for (you may submit multiple nominations, but only nominate a person once).
- Provide the name and contact information of each nominee.
- Tell us why you think the person you are nominating deserves this Award, addressing the category criteria.
- Include your name, organisation, and contact phone number so we can verify the origin of the nomination.
Dot Mills Developmental Educator Award.
A DEAI Full Member who, in the course of their professional work:
- Provides an outstanding level of service to their clients and (if applicable) their professional organisation/employer.
- Makes a significant contribution to the field of Developmental Education within the community.
- Maintains high professional standards.
- Contributes to the profession via peer support and / or mentoring that supports sound professional practices.
DEAI Student Member Award
- Open to DEAI Student Members who demonstrate ongoing commitment to the ethical principles, beliefs/values of DEAI through their student placement outcomes.
DEAI Self-Advocacy Award.
Any person with disability or family/carer advocate who:
- Works to overcome barriers to promote their own independence in the community, or to promote the independence and dignity of others.
- Upholds the beliefs and values of DEAI in their advocacy.
DEAI Award for frontline workers.
Any frontline worker in the field who:
- Upholds the ethical principals, beliefs/values of Developmental Educators.
- Demonstrates a passion for promoting the increased independence, dignity, and acceptance of people with disability and disadvantage in the community.
- Demonstrates a high level of skill in person centred practice approaches.
DEAI Employer Award
An employer who demonstrates a sustained commitment to the profession of Developmental Education by:
- employing or contracting Developmental Educators
- providing career development and advancement opportunities to DEs
- maintaining frameworks that allow Developmental Educators to uphold high professional standards.
- promoting the profession of Developmental Education
*Open to employers of all sizes.
*More than one award may be granted to reflect the diversity of enterprise in the sector.
Early Career Award.
Open to any DEAI Full Member who is in their first three to five years of practice, in any setting, including sole trader practitioners, who:
- Demonstrates outstanding commitment to the core competencies of Developmental Education.
- Promotes DE the profession through their work.
- Demonstrates innovation in practice, including but not limited to; group and individual programming, promoting the rights of people with disability, responding to service gaps and systemic issues, contributing to multidisciplinary teams, creating opportunities for community inclusion.