- This event has passed.
Webinar: Beyond ‘screen time’: making the most of digital technology in the early years
May 19, 2020 @ 8:00 pmFree
How can you help your child make the most of digital technology in early childhood? Play-based learning expert Professor Susan Edwards presents this free, live webinar. You’re invited to join the webinar about how digital technology can help your child learn, and how you can get the most out of it for your child.
This webinar will help you:
- understand what ‘technology’ means, and how it’s changing
- see ‘digital’ as part of your child’s world
- think about how good-quality digital technology can support play and learning
- focus on your child’s activity, rather than the tool he’s using – whether it’s paintbrush, pencil or screen
- address concerns about overuse of technology, including advice from the research.
You’ll be able to ask questions, share experiences, and hear other parents’ experiences and ideas.
This webinar provides general information and tips from a trusted parenting expert. Presenter Susan Edwards will be unable to provide individual consultations on the night, but she will give you plenty of ideas for where you can go for more help if you need it.
This webinar is suitable for families with children aged 0–5 years.
When: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 8 pm AEST, or at these times in other states.