27 September: plain language and Easy Read ‘lunch and learn’
Join the next ‘digital inclusion and A11y accessibility’ meetup and find out more about Easy Read and plain language – methods of presenting documents, reports and websites that makes them easy to read.
Did you know?
- more than 40% of adults in Australia have very low levels of literacy
- 18.5% of Australians have a disability – that’s 4.25 million people
- 44% of people have very low levels of computer skills
Easy to read materials help in our day to day communications by:
- helping connect with a wider audience
- making online content more accessible for everyone
Lyndall Thomas, Director of the Information Access Group, will be visiting from interstate to explain how Easy Read and plain language is so important:
- When: Friday 27 September 2019
- Time: 11.30am to 12.30pm
- Venue: to be advised (Adelaide, South Australia)
- Register: register online through eventbrite or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep updated of events in South Australia by joining our digital inclusion and A11y accessibility meet