International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD) is a United Nations sanctioned day that is celebrated internationally. Its aim is to increase public awareness, understanding and acceptance of people with disabilities while celebrating their achievements and contributions.
To celebrate IDPwD the National Parks and Wildlife Service has organised a series of community events to enable people with disabilities, their families as well as those that experience barriers to accessing nature and enjoying their health and wellbeing benefits.
If you require further information on any of these events please call 8204 1910.
- Wheely good bushwalk – Belair National Park
- Guided ranger bus tour – Belair National Park
- Guided Kaurna walk – Belair National Park
- Old Government House tours – Belair National Park
- Guided ranger walk – Onkaparinga National Park
- Guided ranger walk – Para Wirra Conservation Park
- TrailRider demo day – Deep Creek Conservation Park
- Guided kayak tour – Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary
Wheely good bushwalk – Belair National Park
Date and time: Tuesday 3 December, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Meeting point: Main Oval, Belair National Park
Bookings: This event is FREE but registration is essential.
For further information, visit https://www.parks.sa.gov.au/get-inspired/international-day-of-people-with-disability