Able Australia is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to take part in a FREE* Deafblind Communication Guide Training Program in Adelaide, SA.
Deafblind Communication Guides provide direct one to one support to participants in a way that is tailored to meet their individual needs and goals.
The Communication Guide Training Program consists of classroom based training, site visits, guest speakers and a hands-on opportunity to support people who are deafblind in their communities.
By completing the Communication Guide Program, you will learn:
· What it means to be deafblind
· Deafblind communication methods
· Adaptive and assistive technology
· Sighted guide training
· What makes a good Communication Guide
This FREE program will consist of five (5) full days of training from Monday 18th February to Friday 22nd February followed by a further 20 hour practical working one-on-one with representatives from the deafblind community. This program, will greatly benefit the lives of people living with deafblindness in South Australia.
* A $150 deposit is required prior to commencing the program. This will be fully refunded within 30 days of successful completion of the training program.
Adelaide, South Australia
Alisha Hill at email@example.com