This event is co-hosted by the AASW SA Wellbeing & Mental Health and Child Protection Practice Groups.
Join us for a robust presentation by Greg Gebhart, Office of the E-Safety Commission, on all aspects of Cyber Risks and Safety. A representative speaker from each practice group will share their groups perspective on the impact of cyber themes on Mental Health and Child Protection themes. Discussions will be encouraged on these topics in relation to our clients, organisations, families and Social Workers.
In this rapidly evolving digital landscape, having a comprehensive understanding of a young person’s use of technology, and its impact on both online and offline behaviour, is essential in being able to provide effective and responsive care.
The session covers:
- Key cybersafety issues including:
- unwanted contact
- digital reputation
- accessing sexually explicit and inappropriate material – and its influence on relationships and sexual identity
- excessive gaming/social media
- The cultural context of social media and technology use by young people
- The Office’s power to remove serious cyberbullying material
- Practical strategies to safeguard and minimise risk with online interactions for those working with young people and advice to support safe and enjoyable online experiences
When: Tuesday 10 December 2019, 1.45pm-5.00pm
Where: Flinders University, Level 10, 182 Victoria Square, Adelaide
Costs: $10 AASW Members / $20 Non-Members / $10 Non Member Students
To Book click HERE.