The Youth Reconnect Transition Program (yRTP) is a 9-week course that helps people aged between 16 and 25 adjust to life after sustaining a traumatic brain injury (TBI) as a result of a motor vehicle accident or other road trauma.
The program assists young people to reconnect with their communities, manage challenges, and plan for the future. The yRTP uses trained mentors who have first-hand experience of acquired brain injury.
The program is specifically tailored to young people and covers a range of topics, including:
- The brain and neuroplasticity
- Emotional wellbeing and building resilience
- Working through challenges
- Friendships and other relationships
- Making positive choices
- Study and work pathways
- Personal strengths and goal setting
NEXT yRTP PROGRAM STARTS 2 May 2018
Duration: Every Wednesday, 9 weeks
Time: 10:30am – 1pm
Venue: Brain Injury SA