Provided by external organisation – H-L Supports
Functional Capacity Assessment Training A practical online workshop that covers what, who and how of completing FCA assessments and reports.
NOTE: Practitioners wishing to undertake this training must have the prerequisite skills in conducting assessments and access to licenced and manualised assessments.
After completing the training, participants will be able to:
• Define a rationale behind Functional Capacity Assessments
• Demonstrate understanding of the NDIS knowledge base that guides and supports our practice in this area.
• Demonstrate a practical knowledge about functional domains
• Define different types of Functional Capacity Assessments
• Understand how the NDIS principles of reasonable and necessary are fitting in the context of the Functional Capacity Assessment
• Demonstrate an understanding of different multidisciplinary disability and mental health assessment instruments that can be used to validate information provided in functional capacity assessment reports.
• Apply a holistic framework for assessing and organising functional capacity information
• Demonstrate practical knowledge for conducting Functional Capacity Assessments and writing comprehensive FCA reports.
• Following the training, all participants will be provided with the information package, which includes a copy of the presentation slides, a list of FCA resources, references, and easily modified FCA template.