MORE ABOUT THIS EVENT:
- This is the second event in our AAC in the Inclusive Classroom series and in this presentation we will be hearing from a teaching team (teacher and SSO’s) and their 2 pupils who use AAC in their mainstream reception classroom.
- The 2 reception students will share with us what they think about school.
- The teaching team will share how they’ve supported their young AAC users to participate, learn and thrive in class.
- They’ll share the challenges they have faced and how they have overcome them.
- We will also hear about the learning outcomes for the young AAC users and the impact that an inclusive classroom has had on the rest of their students.
WHO IS THIS EVENT FOR:
- These events are a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and make valuable connections for sharing experiences and knowledge and supporting each other. After the lecture there will be time for drinks, nibbles and plenty of chatting!
- Parents who would like to see how schools and teaching teams make an inclusive classroom work for their students. Families who are considering their schooling options.
- Teachers, SSO’s, school leaders, DECD staff and anyone in an education setting who would like to understand how other teaching teams approach having AAC users in their class.
- Allied Health and other professionals who are supporting families that may be considering their options for education.
DATE: Wednesday 19 June 2019
TIME: 5:15pm (Lecture will start at 5:30pm)
1 hour lecture followed by drinks and nibbles
VENUE: Burnside City Uniting Church
384 Portrsuh Rd, Tusmore, South Australia
Click here for Google Map
COST: $27.50 (incl $2.50 GST) Early Bird valid until Sun 9 June
$33.00 (incl $3.00 GST)
To register, click HERE.